AC/DC, Dream Theater, Rob Zombie, Foo Fighters, and Mammoth WVH are among several notable rock and metal acts announced as nominees at the 64th annual Grammy Awards, which will happen January 31, 2022, at the Crypto.com Arena in Los Angeles, California.
“Best Metal Performance” nominees:
* “Genesis” – Deftones
* “The Alien” – Dream Theater
* “Amazonia” – Gojira
* “Pushing The Tides” – Mastodon
* “The Triumph Of King Freak (A Crypt Of Preservation And Superstition)” – Rob Zombie
“Best Rock Performance” nominees:
* “Shot In The Dark” – AC/DC
* “Know You Better (Live From Capitol Studio A)” – Black Pumas
* “Nothing Compares 2 U” – Chris Cornell
* “OHMS” – Deftones
* “Making A Fire” – Foo Fighters
“Best Rock Song” nominees:
* “All My Favorite Songs” – Weezer
* “The Bandit” – Kings Of Leon
* “Distance” – Mammoth WVH
* “Find My Way” – Paul McCartney
* “Waiting On A War” – Foo Fighters
“Best Rock Album” nominees:
* Power Up – AC/DC
* Capitol Cuts – Live From Studio A – Black Pumas
* No One Sings Like You Anymore, Vol. 1 – Chris Cornell
* Medicine At Midnight – Foo Fighters
* McCartney III – Paul McCartney
The eligibility period for the 64th annual Grammy Awards was September 1, 2020, through September 30, 2021.
The nominations were announced during a livestream from the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles, which featured Recording Academy CEO Harvey Mason Jr. and Board Of Trustees chair Tammy Hurt, as well as some special guests.
The Recording Academy will present the 2022 Grammy Awards on Monday, January 31 on the CBS Television Network and stream live and on demand on Paramount+ from 8PM to 11:30PM ET / 5PM to 8:30PM PT. Prior to the telecast, the Grammy Awards Premiere Ceremony will be held at the Microsoft Theater at 12:30PM PT/3:30PM ET and will be streamed live on Grammy.com and The Recording Academy’s YouTube channel.
This post first appeared on Rock Confidential.
Rock And Metal 2022 Grammy Awards Nominees Announced