Reverb, the largest online marketplace dedicated to buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments, announced today that it is partnering with Billy Corgan to sell a collection of music gear used throughout his career. Beginning on Wednesday, September 29, the official Billy Corgan Reverb shop will include guitars, synthesizers, amps, guitar pedals, and more from his albums and tours with the Smashing Pumpkins and Zwan.
The official Billy Corgan Reverb shop will feature more than 100 pieces of music gear, including a pair of Kurzweil K2500 synthesizers that were used to create Adore and the Machina albums (Machina/The Machines Of God and Machina II/The Friends & Enemies Of Modern Music). The synths were also used on tour to support Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness, Adore and the Machina albums.
Other music gear in the shop will include:
* Two gold Marshall JMP-1 preamps. “These vintage pieces are straight out of the ’90s and were used in the studio and on tour to support Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness,” said Corgan.
* Three 1980s ADA MP-1 preamps, two of which were used on the Smashing Pumpkins’ debut album Gish. “I would run it into a Marshall head. That was my main sound from ’89 or ’90 through ’92,” Corgan said.
* A Drawmer 1960 stereo compressor that was the main compressor in Corgan’s home studio. “I used it on all my home demos, from Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness to the Machina albums,” he said.
* A Sequential Circuit Prophet 10 synthesizer that was featured on Adore and the Machina albums, as well as the recent Cyr album, according to Corgan.
* Ten guitars, including a 1976 sunburst Fender Stratocaster, a Yamaha SA2200 custom-made for Corgan, a Harmony Rocket used on the Oceania album and tour, and a Taylor 855 12-string used in both studio and live renditions for songs from the Machina albums.
This is the second time Corgan has partnered with Reverb to get gear from his personal collection into the hands of fans through his official Reverb shop.
Corgan is among a growing number of artists that have partnered with Reverb, including Tom DeLonge, Dweezil Zappa, Sonic Youth and more.
To preview the gear that will be available in the official Billy Corgan Reverb shop and to sign up to be notified when the shop goes live on September 29, go to this location.
This post first appeared on Rock Confidential.
Billy Corgan To Sell Gear Used On Classic Smashing Pumpkins Albums